These easy cinnamon sugar biscuits are a yummy and easy project to do with kids. A can of biscuit dough means the snack will be ready in a jiffy.
Yesterday I had some borrowed kids for the day and wanted to do a little cooking project we could all enjoy without too much hassle. Cinnamon Sugar Biscuits fit that bill perfectly! The girls could do everything themselves. I just gave directions and let them loose. I admit the sugar got spilled on the floor and there were some lopsided pieces but a good time was had by all.
This project hinges on a can of store-bought biscuit dough. I buy them very rarely and don’t have much opinion on brand. As a general rule I am a firm believer in cooking from scratch but everybody needs a few shortcuts now and then.
Serve this biscuits hot with nice cold mugs of milk.
If you really want to knock this one out of the park, serve with my Sticky Bun Breakfast Syrup. Oh my word…… so yummy! I hope you enjoy making this with the kids in your life.
- 1-2 cans of refrigerated biscuit dough, whatever size biscuit you like
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven according to directions on biscuits.
- In a small bowl, microwave the butter until melted.
- In another bowl mix the sugar and cinnamon.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Dip both sides of each biscuit in the butter and then the sugar and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake according to package directions. I usually check two-thirds of the way through and adjust accordingly.
- Serve with nice cold mugs of milk and Sticky Bun Breakfast Syrup if desired.