This easy cheese ball takes 15 minutes and is full of fresh flavor. The combo of sharp cheddar, herbs and smoked almonds is perfection. It never fails to be the hit of a party.
Somewhere during my 2nd trimester of pregnancy I fell in love with cheese balls. I was at a friend’s house one day and she made one from a gourmet mix for a snack. We. Ate. The. Entire. Thing.
She had never made one from scratch and I could not imagine buying a mix so I hit the kitchen determined to make the perfect cheese ball. It took a few tries but I did and this is it. You will never need another cheese ball recipe!
I took this cheese ball to multiple parties throughout the fall and it was always a runaway hit. I suggest doubling or quadrupling the recipe if you plan to serve a big group!
Tools In This Post: I don’t own a nut chopper – just one more thing to take up space. Instead I just pulse the nuts in my food processor for a few minutes. This Cuisinart has been my work horse over a decade now and it is running most days. I consider that well worth the counter space!
If you did need another cheese ball recipe this Bacon and Smoked Gouda one would be it! Seriously, yum!
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. green onion, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. granulated garlic
- ½ tsp. dried dill weed
- ½ tsp. black pepper, ground to a medium course grind (using more finely ground pepper makes it more spicy)
- ¼ tsp. seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- ½ cup smoked almonds or favorite nuts, coarsely chopped
- In the bowl of a stand mixer on medium high speed, whip everything except the cheddar cheese and nuts until mixed.
- Add the cheddar and beat on low until just mixed.
- Put mixture in the center of a large square of plastic wrap. Bring the edges of the plastic wrap up around the mixture and form a ball.
- Remove the plastic wrap and roll the ball in chopped nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This recipe is participating in Weekend Potluck.