We are in love with these gooey Salted Caramel Marshmallow Treat Bars. Chocolate, pretzels, Chex, butterscotch chips,- how could you not these easy treats?
Just looking at these pictures again makes my mouth water. These treat bars were just so perfect!
Salty caramel sauce and pretzels. Two kinds of chocolate. Butter. Marshmallows. And let us not be remiss and forget to mention the butterscotch chips!
I enjoy a good rice crispy treat as much as the next person but my absolute favorite ones have some “extras” in them. Still chewy and gooey and just a bit sticky but full of fun flavors. We took these to a game night and friends begged for the recipe as the bars flew off the platter. Clearly I’m not alone in my love of this chewy confection!
Maybe best of all you can make them in 15 minutes. You’re welcome!
Have a great week guys. Thanks for stopping by to cook with me!
Tools In This Post: Everybody needs a basic set of glass bowls that can be used for mixing and the microwave. This set is in almost everybody’s kitchen and for good reason. They are good quality, cheep, and durable. If you need to pick some up I would suggest this set or you can upgrade and get a set with lids!
Love easy desserts? This Easy Pineapple Cake is one of my most popular. Give it a try!
- 2 ½ cups pretzel sticks, broken in half
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 1 ½ cups mini M&Ms (plus additional to garnish if desired)
- ⅔ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup butter plus additional to butter pan
- ⅓ cup salted caramel sauce
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips to garnish, optional
- Butter a 13x9-in. pan.
- In a large bowl combine the broken pretzels, Rice Chex, Mini M&Ms, and butterscotch chips.
- In a large microwave safe bowl put the butter, salted caramel sauce and marshmallows. Microwave on high 30 seconds at a time until the mixture is melted enough to stir together.
- Stir until smooth and then pour sauce over the bowl of pretzel mix. Stir quickly to combine and then press into the buttered pan.
- Scatter the mini chocolate chips and M&Ms over the top if desired.
- Let cool until firm and then cut into squares.
This recipe is participating in Weekend Potluck!
Get Your Free Recipe Book
Subscribe for a weekly dose of cooking connection from Mirlandra.