Cheese tortellini, fresh veggies and tangy Italian dressing come together for a fresh and flavorful Tortellini Pasta Salad in 15 minutes.
When the summer heat hits I try to use my good sense and serve up lots of stuff on the grill and lots of cold stuff. We really enjoy cheese tortellini with Alfredo or marinara sauce but in the summer it makes a perfect pasta salad!
This Tortellini Pasta Salad is full of veggies and is a wonderful main dish. We take it on picnics, to BBQs or sometimes serve it as a side dish with steak off the grill. It is a very flexible salad that lends itself well to most anything you have out of the garden or from the farmer’s market.
Tools In This Post: Any time you want to slice up veggies having a slicing tool is invaluable. I have something like this and LOVE it. You can get a lot of use out of something like this.
Love pasta salad? This Hawaiian Mac Salad is one of our favorites all year long.
- 1 package (1½ pounds) cheese tortellini
- 20 oz roasted red pepper Italian dressing, or your favorite Italian style dressing
- 1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ English cucumber
- ⅔ of one shallots sliced
- 15- 20 olives, sliced (black or green as desired)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese or other hard cheese
- basil leaves for garnish
- Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain and rinse under cold water. Place in a medium bowl.
- While tortellini is cooking, cut up the vegetables.
- Whisk together dressing and black pepper. To drained pasta add the dressing mixture, bell pepper, cucumber, and onions. Carefully toss to combine.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. The longer it marinates, the stronger the flavor is. Garnish with cheese and basil leaves.
This recipe is participating in Weekend Potluck!
Get Your Free Recipe Book
Subscribe for a weekly dose of cooking connection from Mirlandra.